What to say

I lost my nephew last week.
One of the things I noticed is what people say-to console you.
Some of them,no matter how well intentioned they are,had me cringing.
Here's some of them.
i)It's God's will-when I'm in pain,and I've being taught that God is a loving Father,who loves me,
I don't want to hear that He wants me  hurting
ii)God has a reason-well,I can't see it right now so don't mention it.
All I want is raise my voice at Him and question.Don't take that away from me
iii)You'll get another child.Really??????This is the most insensitive of them all.
Let me mourn.
iv)Give it time.Don't even go there
As I said earlier,these statements and many others are coming from a good place,a place
where someone wants to encourage.
Here's what you can say instead
i)Pole
ii)You're in my prayers and /or thoughts
iii)Hugs,if we have that kind of relationship.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times

Motherhood penalty

Self doubt