10 Kgs


In the past 1 year , I've put on 10kgs. I know it , as does those around me.
The culprit is me and my love of food.
I was home, 2 weeks ago, and my weight became the topic of my entire visit.
It was annoying.

This is what I'd have loved to say to those who pointed this out
Dear So and So,
You've obviously known me for some time, now that you can remember when I weighed much less than I do now.
Guess who was the 1st person to notice the weight gain?Me. You're not telling me something I already don't know .
In fact, I would appreciate if you kept this to yourself.
See, I'm surrounded by messages of what a failure I am for  being unable to control my appetite,  what my weight should be , how to can get there and how unattractive I am until then.
Your well intended comment is one more nail on that coffin.
For me and others, please stop.
My weight is obviously none of your business, and you don't know what my weight gain/loss journey is like.
If you must, ask about my health instead .
Most importantly, I am not my weight. This body still houses the friend/ colleague/ sister/ neighbour that you know.
I'm still me, in a bigger package.

Love,
Me +10 kgs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times

:-(

Self doubt