Day 5




I had a call with a friend today, we were checking on each other and
she asked how I'm holding up.
I'm well, today is Day 5 of the lockdown in Uganda.
In the last few weeks, it's become clear how interconnected
humanity is and also how fragile.

The rising figures of Covid-19 infections and deaths are hitting close to home.
Two years ago I started a meditation practice, using Insight Timer app.
I highly recommend both, the practice and app.
At distressing times as these, it's grounding, comforting and helps shift
the focus to the here and now.
The second thing that's working for me is realising how little is
in my control and doing what I possibly can about it.
I can wash my hands, reach out to my family and friends, read,
check in with my colleagues etc
And for now, that is good enough.

How are you holding up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times

Motherhood penalty

Self doubt