Courageous Conversations

There are weeks, like these past 3 or 4, when I'm navigating minefields in
many of the conversations I'm having.
From colleagues who feel entitled to favours to those who don't communicate
well with peers.
To business partners who want to dictate how and when we  carry out
our obligations to those who like to triangulate.
To my nephew who wants designer socks when I'm struggling to meet
back to school expenses to friends who make promises and don't deliver.
Once upon a time, I would rather have broken out in hives than air it out
and is grateful along life's  highway I learnt to be overcome the fear and discomfort.
Somehow, though, the mental gymnastics prior to each conversation is painful and exhausting.
Does anyone out there have a remedy?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times

:-(

Self doubt