So help me God

One of my favourite compliments is'you have exceptional courage'
My friend Neha told me this last year.I floated on it for  weeks.
Exceptional courage.
This last week I have been feeling anything but.
After a number failed  expectations,I was crushed and was in this deep dark,
dragging me down funk.
My mind was replaying videos of my failures while listening to the don't deserve tracks.
And try as I might,I felt paralysed.
I despaired,cursed myself and the world.
My conversations with God were riddled with  accusations laced with disappointment.
Then I remembered I'm perceived to  have exceptional courage.
And decided to give it a try.
I don't know what it entails but I will be brave,for myself.
Slay these demons  that are threatening to tear me apart.
So help me God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times

Motherhood penalty

Self doubt