Grateful

I started a new job day before yesterday.Sept 1st 2015.Yeey.
An answered prayer.
I have been on my knees for a long time for this one.
It's a short term contract and might not get renewed due to funding challenges.

So on Day 2,I started worrying about my job prospects in Jan 2016.
I know.
Ridiculous,isn't it?
Here I am.
With all the boxes checked from my 'This is the job I want' list
Job outside Kenya-tick
Work in a small office-tick
Engaging men&boys-tick
School and Community mobilisation-tick
Conduct Trainings-tick

And I wasn't savouring and enjoying it.
I was wondering about bloody January 2016.
And I know I'm not the only one.
Behaving like a child with a treat-enjoying it for a few minutes,
then putting it aside and wondering when the next one is coming along.

So,today,I had a meeting with myself and decreed that I will enjoy my time here
That  I will appreciate this opportunity to learn.
That I will endevour to be the best trainer and programme developer that I can be.
That I will go an extra mile,for myself and my team and deliver quality content.
That,each day,I will look forward to sharing my time,knowledge and skills.
That I will be open to correction and will be ready and willing to make adjustments,for
my benefit and the team.
That I will be happy and glad,to be here,now ,today and in days to come.
That I will give this my best.
That I will count my blessings.
That,in all things,I will be grateful.
So help me God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times

:-(

Self doubt