Sept 2016

My ex-boyfriend and Kami's biological father died in a fire 2 weeks ago.
Sad,tragic death.
A number of my friends and family called asking me how I was doing.
It was hard to explain to them that I lost him years ago.
The sad moment was explaining to Kami that he was gone and crushing the hopes she harboured about  a(possible) relationship with him.

His death gave me a new appreciation of time.
If he had died before and between Sept 2005-2008,I would have been broken.
As my friend Rose said,If it weren't for Kami, this would have been a tragic footnote in my week.

I was tempted to take the 'What If' road.
What if we didn't break up, What if he was involved in Kami's life, What if ........
I have a wealth of lessons  about love, rejection, betrayal,pain, strength, forgiveness, faith from him.Still learning  about motherhood and parenting.
I'm grateful our paths crossed,I'm more grateful they diverged.
May his soul rest in peace.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times

Motherhood penalty

Self doubt