Popular posts from this blog
Deepest Fear
One of my favourite poems has been circling in my head for days. Coupled with a some deep conversations I've had last week, think the universe is trying to tell me something. And like Samuel, I need to stop running to Eli , be still and listen. I've got nothing to lose, right? Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness That most frightens us. We ask ourselves Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small Does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking So that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, As children do. We were born to make manifest The glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; It's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, We unconsciously give other people pe...
Battles
Happy new year. How are you doing? and I mean, really how are you? I left Uganda on 20th Dec and came back a month later on Wednesday last week. My one month in Kenya has left me refreshed and heartbroken. 5 of my close friends are reeling from and dealing with traumatic events from 2020. 3 miscarriages, 3 breakups, 1 stage IV cancer diagnosis. It's been a hard year. Among the many Covid losses, is the inability to gather and comfort. In previous non-Covid years, I'd travel to Nairobi on average 6 times a year. Plenty of opportunity to have walked with some of them during these trying and difficult times. Thankfully, they know my heart and is holding space for them;even from a distance. These conversations remind me of the quote; Be kind. Everyone is fighting a battle you nothing about. In your 2021 battles, I wish you strength, peace and faithful companions.
Comments
Post a Comment