Laptop loss

In my lifetime,I have lost many things-several phones,money,clothes,opportunities,books the list is long.I remember when I lost Mum's money and had to pay her back using my savings.
Then there's the first time my phone got stolen-how I panicked and replaced it within hours.It was after the third phone loss that I realised the people who am in regular calls and texts with have access to me without the phone.And having an address book also comes in handy.And update it regularly.  

My laptop was stolen 3 sundays ago.This loss is different.
 Within a day or two,I had come to terms with all the other losses-the usual life goes on,at least am still alive,healthy blah blah blah and moved on.
15 days later,am  mourning-the should haves and what ifs  plague me still.I even have a  laptop recovery fantasy,the one where cops ambush a thug's house,recover many stolen items.I get a phone call to go and have a look at the items and voila,there lies my laptop,am even practicing my cool on the outside,jumping up and down while dancing on the inside look.

A girl can always hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times

Motherhood penalty

Self doubt