Unmarried mother



I've never been comfortable with the term 'single mother'
Yes, I'm single and have an offspring but put together, the term has
implications that don't sit well with me.
My family and friends have time and time again shouldered the responsibility
for Kami's emotional, financial and social well being.
Still, I sometimes wish I had a co-parent. And  this longing usually
resurrects during events.
Kami is closing school tomorrow and I'm unable to pick her as well as
 attend the end of term ceremony.
I'm grateful for friends who are stepping in and travelling back home with her.
It doesn't, though, assauge the guilt I feel at such times as these.
Of not being enough.
Which probably most parents feel .Mine's a bit more glaring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times

Self doubt

Motherhood penalty